If you are shopping or recently shopped for a bassinet, you must have come across bassinet inserts and there are numerous reviews online on how they help the baby to sleep better. Considering that experts discourage any additions in the bassinet, most new parents cannot help but wonder if bassinet inserts are safe. In this article, we will look at MySnuggly bassinet inserts and determine their safety.
What is the My Snuggly Bassinet Insert?
MySnuggly bassinet insert is a white insert that is designed to be installed on top of bassinet mattresses to offer a cozy sleeping space for the baby. The features of the bassinet are safe for the baby and help them to sleep better and longer. A rested baby is a rested parent therefore, the insert works for both.
If you are concerned about the safety of MySnuggly bassinet inserts, they are tested and approved by the Consumer product safety Commission Children Safety Guidelines because they met most safety standards for baby sleeping surfaces.
MySnuggly designs insert compatible with different bassinet brands including HALO, FISHER-PRICE, 4MOMS, INGENUITY, and BLISS. The features of each type of insert ensure maximum safety and comfort for the baby as reviewed in the next section. Before we get into the reviews, let us look at the general features of MySnuggly bassinet that allow them to offer support, comfort, and safety to newborns.
Read also Why baby hates halo bassinest
My Snuggly bassinet insert review
MySnuggly bassinet is designed with unique features to help the baby sleep longer and safe. Here are the features
Flat sleeping surface
MySnuggly bassinet insert forms a flat sleeping surface making it safe for the baby to sleep in. Because it is narrow than the mattress, it gives the baby a snuggly feeling; making them feel as if they are in the womb or held in the parent’s arms. Because of this comfort, the baby can sleep better and longer. All baby sleeping surfaces should be flat and that is why MySnuggly bassinet is safe.
MySnuggly bassinet insert features an 8 buckle system to ensure that it is safely attached to the bassinet. With this system, you are assured that the insert cannot detach from the bassinet and therefore, you are not worried that it might cover the baby’s face and cause suffocation.
The buckle system holds the bassinet on a flat surface, and it does not serve as a hammock or a swing.
Talking of suffocation, the insert is made with breathable 3D mesh ensuring that there is free air circulation in the bassinet and the baby can still breathe despite the sleeping position. If your baby pushes themselves on the walls of the insert or rolls over to the tummy, they can still breathe freely. This eliminates the danger of suffocation.
Zip-out cleaning feature
The insert is washing machine safe and features a zip-up cleaning feature that makes it easy to clean. Babies spit out a lot and have diaper accidents all the time, this means that you will need to wash the insert often and it is a relief that, you can throw it in the washing machine.
Wide see window
The insert features a wide see window that allows you to see the baby from the outside. This means that you do not have to come close to the baby to check if they are sleeping properly, reducing possible distractions.
Pros of My Snuggly bassinet insert
- Breathable 3D mesh to ensure that the baby can breathe freely
- Easy to wash and maintain because it is machine washable
- A flat sleeping surface allows the baby to sleep on their back and hence eliminates the dangers of suffocation.
- 8 buckle system for secure attachment
- The wide see window allows you to check on the baby from a distance
Cons of my snuggly bassinet insert
- It is not compatible with some bassinet brands.
Read also Can you put snuggle me in bassinet
Types and features of MySnuggly bassinet inserts
MySnuggly bassinet inserts come in 5 types suitable for different types of bassinet brands. Here are the types and features:
My Snuggly Newborn Bassinet Insert for 4moms Bassinets
- Features a unique design that is compatible will all 4moms bassinets.
- It has a peekaboo wide window, which allows parents to check on the sleeping baby and at the same time protect them from outside destructions.
- It is made with 100% cotton material with a breathable mesh for optimal air circulation.
- Flat and narrow surface (21 ½ by 5 inches) with snuggling sides that make the baby feel as if they are held in the parent’s arms.
- Hypoallergenic- therefore it does not cause allergic reactions to the baby.
My Snuggly Newborn Bassinet Insert for Ingenuity Bassinets
- Designed to be used with Ingenuity Dream & Grow Bedside on its highest setting. However, it is not compatible with Foldaway Rocking or Ingenuity Packable Portable Playard.
- Has a wide window that enables you to see the baby clearly from a distance.
- Has a breathable mesh that allows maximum airflow, keeping suffocation at bay
- It supports babies up to 5 months. The flat firm surface allows the baby to comfortably and safely sleep on their back.
- It is hypoallergenic protection the baby from allergic reactions.
My Snuggly Newborn Bassinet Insert for Bliss Bassinets
- It is designed to work well with the features of Bliss bassinets
- The material used to make the insert is 100% cotton with a breathable mesh
- The flat padded surface is secure and offers maximum comfort and safety
- Machine washable and hypoallergenic
My Snuggly Newborn Bassinet Insert for Halo Bassinests
- It features a tight mesh for perfect fitting
- Its unique design fits perfectly on Halo Bassinest
- Has a wide peekaboo window that allows you to keep an eye on your baby without coming close hence reducing disturbance rates.
- MySnuggly insert for Halo Bassinests is easy to maintain because it can be washed in the washing machine and has the easy-breezy zip-out cleaning feature.
- Has a 3D breathable mesh for safety and it is Hypoallergenic
My Snuggly Newborn Bassinet Insert for Fisher-Price Bassinets
- The unique design of MySnuggly Fisher-Price Bassinets insert is compatible with Fisher-Price Soothing Motions and Stow ‘n Go Bassinet models. It is not compatible with Fisher-Price Soothing View Bassinet and it does not function as a swing or hammock.
- Features a large window that helps you watch over the baby without distractions.
- Has a unique and breathable mesh for maximum air circulation and it protects your baby from suffocation in case they press their face on the insert walls.
- The flat and padded surface safely and comfortably supports the baby up to 5 months old.
- It is hypoallergenic keeping your baby safe from allergic reactions.
FAQs on My Snuggly bassinet insert
Do I need a bassinet insert?
A bassinet insert is not a must-have, but it is a safe addition in the bassinet that helps the baby to sleep better and longer. A bassinet insert features a narrow sleeping surface which gives the baby a womb-like feeling and hence better sleep.
The safety of a bassinet inserts is determined by its features and experts recommend that you should not add comforters, blankets, or anything else in the bassinet, otherwise you will be putting your baby at the risk of suffocation, SIDS, and strangulation.
Are My Snuggly newborn inserts for bassinets safe?
MySnuggly inserts are safe because they feature a flat firm surface and mesh. They give the baby a snuggly feeling while protecting them from the dangers of suffocation. If the baby happens to press their face on the insert wall, they do not struggle to breathe because there is free air circulation through the mesh.
When should I stop using MySnuggly?
You should stop using the MySnuggly insert as soon as the baby starts showing signs of rolling over. Note that, MySnuggly inserts should only be used with the designated bassinets for safety.
Read also Why baby moves to side of bassinet