Learn how to become a millionaire through real estate investing…
even if you feel clueless and don’t have a lot of money to start!
Sign up, and I’ll send you a value-packed lesson from my real estate investing course!
No publicly available database shows how many sales a real estate agent has made or closed. In addition, many agents collaborate with others in “teams.” The listing or selling agent may not be the only one who has worked on the Sale. This data should also be available in the MLS. Ask your agent to print out an MLS statistical report for you. This is usually part of the agent’s sales pitch as a top producer. Let’s find out how to look up real estate agent sales on MLS.
Also, the agent should be your first point of contact. This MLS information should be available in hard copy. The second option is to check with Homelight or Agent Ace to see if they cover your area. This information will also be available to them.
Of course, the easiest method is to ask your agent. Despite what many agents claim in their ads, real estate sales experience is not measured in years. The number of transactions completed by an agent is a better indicator of expertise. In addition, the number of transactions compared to yours determines a helpful experience.
What to do to find your Performance in MLS
Ask about closed properties in the MLS from past transactions while interviewing an agent. Examine the quality of the listing photos and the written description of the property.
Examine the asking and final prices and the days it took to sell the home. Ask about the approach to the Sale (a property sold below its asking price does not necessarily reflect an unsuccessful sale).
Here’s how to find out how much a real estate salesperson earns:
- When deciding which agent to use, the best thing a consumer can do is look at their sales history to see how much experience they have.
- Homesnap gives agents access to the MLS mobile app and directly links the sales history. They post each agent’s stats for the previous 24 months, which provides them with a more extended history.
- Helps eliminate any hot and cold streaks.
Shows the average days on the market and the asking price-to-sold ratio
Reveals listings that have not sold (labeled as “off-market”).
You can get a solid idea of the accuracy of the agent’s pricing by looking at the average days on the market and the ratio of the asking price to the sold price. Buyers will likely make a lower offer if a listing stays on the market too long.
We know that 40% of listings don’t sell, so failure is possible. Choose an agent who has a more substantial track record.
Look at the numbers at SmartDesk Matrix.
- Go to Search > Cross-Property Search to discover all the closed listings in which an agent has been involved. You can use a cross-property search to find results for multiple/all property types, but you can also use these methods to see results for a specific property type (SF, for example).
- Remove the checkmark from Active, replace it with a checkmark on Closed, and remove the date range from the field to the right of Closed.
- Fill in the Agent (ID) form at the bottom of the search screen with the agent’s MLS ID.
- This will display all of the agent’s closed listings (for Sale and rent), regardless of what part of the transaction they were in.
How to Look Up Real Estate Agent Sales on MLS
Here are the steps:
- Find out the listing agent for the property.
- Search for the listing agent’s name on Google.
- Run a Google search using the listing agent’s name and “MLS.”
- Look up how many times your desired area has been listed on MLS.
- Find the MLS number
- Check if there is a discrepancy between the sites
- Find the date of the sale
- Determine who sold the property
- Identify how much commission was earned
- Look up the house price
Find out the listing agent for the property.
First, check out the listing agent. The listing agent is the person who put this property up for sale, and they should have a good idea of how much it will sell for. This process is simplified if you are looking at condos or townhouses because the listing agent is typically the property owner. But if you are looking at a house, then it can be more difficult because there might be multiple agents involved in selling that property.
Search for the listing agent’s name on Google
Searching for a listing agent could be pretty straightforward. You might need to type in the listing agent name and hit search. The results will display the agent’s business information, any awards they’ve received, their website, and even reviews from clients past and present.
You’ll be able to see how many sales they’ve had so far this year, as well as a list of all their current listings. You can also click through their website or view reviews from past clients if you have any hesitations about the agent you’re considering.
Run a Google search using the listing agent’s name and MLS
If you can’t directly find an agent by name, try using the agent’s name and MLS ID.
Look up how many times your desired area has been listed on MLS.
The MLS is a database of homes for sale. When you want to see how many times a certain area has been listed, you can find the number by typing in the address and clicking Find Listings in the drop-down menu. If you don’t know the exact address, search for your city and click search in the drop-down menu. Then click Listings in the top right corner of that screen and select your desired neighborhood from the left. Type your desired home on MLS into the search bar and click Find Listings. You should see how many times it has been listed on this page.
Find the MLS number
Finding the MLS number is easy. The MLS ID is frequently labeled as the MLS #, so keep an eye out for that on the page. Searching for a property appears directly below the listing address and the number of beds/baths.
Check if there is a discrepancy between the sites.
To check whether other sites have similar prices listed or not, it is recommended to use a listing site like Zillow. Zillow has a great search feature that allows you to search for homes based on price and location, then filters based on what the agent represented in their listings. For example, if you want to see all the homes sold by this particular agent, the type sold into the word field and this agent into the name field. And voila! You can find all the listings they have sold with a few clicks. You can then compare the prices of the house and check if they are the same as listed in MLS or not.
Find the date of the sale.
Find on what date the property was sold. See how many properties have been sold out by this particular agent and the gap between the sales. This will give a better idea of the overall sales history of the agent.
Determine who sold the property
After that, find out the details about which agent sold the property. You can use the Property Records Search on the MLS site, which lets you search by address. Once you have found the property, click on it and select View Details from the drop-down menu. This will bring up a list of all agents who have represented that property over its lifetime. If multiple agents are listed, scroll down and click on View All beside Listing Office to see who was listed as the listing agent for that sale.
Look up the house price.
You’ll find the listing price of homes and the date they were listed and sold. See what price the house was sold at. It will give you an idea of the commission earned by the agent.
Identify how much commission was earned.
The average commission for a real estate agent is 6%. If you want to know how much commission was earned on a particular sale, take the total of the sale price and divide it by 1,000. The remainder equals the percentage. For example, if the sale price is $400,000, then 6% of that would be $24,000. But if there are three agents in a transaction – listing agent, buyer agent, and seller agent – each will receive a 3% commission.
What is the Real Estate MLS
The MLS, or Multiple Listing Service, is a database that all real estate agents in your area subscribe to. When you want to find out the sales record of a particular agent, go online and type in the agent’s name. You can also look up a list of agents and see their contact information if you are interested in speaking with them before deciding which would be best for you.
The MLS has become increasingly important for agents because it is how they get paid. Agents who have more sales on the MLS will likely rank higher on Google searches, which will lead more clients their way. If you’re looking at an agent’s record and there are no listings on the MLS, this could mean they are not very active or don’t have much experience as an agent.
Pros & Cons of Real Estate MLS
Why Real Estate Agents Sale on MLS
Real estate agents use MLS (Multiple Listing Service) to share information about properties with potential buyers. It has more than 800,000 listings and is available by subscription. The MLS also provides valuable statistics for real estate professionals. Agents can enter data about the properties they sell into this database, enabling others to see how many homes they’ve sold in the past year and their average sales price.
Maintaining contact with people is vital to success in any business you venture into. Whether it be emails, phone calls, or visits, good communication with your clients will help them feel more comfortable doing business with you. More importantly, it will build trust between you two, leading them to buy from you again!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to search for an Agents Inventory from the Roster?
- In this QRG, you will learn to search for an agent’s inventory in the Matrix List.
- Step 1: Select “List” and “Agent List” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Fill in the agents’ information (such as their member ID, name, or office code**).
- Select “RESULTS” from the drop-down menu.
- In this example, we have used a * after the agents’ first and last names. (The * stands for “Matrix Wildcard searching”).
- You can see the results using the * produced results for both John and Johnnie.
- Step 3: Select the agent you want to access the inventory by checking the box. Select REFINE from the drop-down menu.
- Select Active Listings, All Listings, or Sold 3-Year Listings from the drop-down box next to “Selected Search for.”
- The Agent Inventory results will be displayed.
What are comps in real estate?
A “comp,” short for “comparable sale,” is a recently sold property in your neighborhood similar in location, size, condition, and characteristics.
How do real estate agents use MLS comps?
Real estate agents use comparables from the local multiple listing service (MLS) (CMA) to compile comparative market research. This is a collection of comparable sales in the area to help the agent and seller determine a reasonable sales price.
How do you find a production agent at MLS?
- The marketplace can be found by clicking on it.
- Click on Production Agents and Offices under the Marketplace Resources heading.
- The agent production report is located on the left.
- You can select dates by entering a Start Date and End Date in the fields or using the Calendar search icons.
- You will need to enter the agent(s) subscription ID.
- Generate a report by clicking on Generate Report.
How does a realtor say MLS?
The development of Multiple Listing Services (MLS) and other technologies that streamline real estate transactions has cost real estate agents millions of dollars. A real estate agent can use the MLS to find cooperative brokers who can help sell their clients’ homes by working with buyers.
Do All Agents Have Access To MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents and brokers may add or delete properties from the MLS. Properties from the MLS are licensed real estate agents and brokers.
How Much Do Most Realtors Make On A Sale?
Every time a real estate agent sells a home; they earn a commission. Typically, that commission is 5-10% of the sale price.
If your agent cannot show you their previous listings, you can obtain the information from your local MLS. Most MLSs have a “public access website” that allows you to check current properties. In addition, most of them have profiles of agents who are members of the local realtor association, enabling you to view an agent’s current and past listings.
However, agents’ membership in a realtor association and participation in the local MLS is not mandatory. Because of the large number of existing real estate property sites, such as Trulia and Zillow, many agents advertise their properties only on those sites and do not use the MLS or partner.
An agent’s sales history verifies their success in bringing clients to the finish line. With the market changing, buyers are putting up a fight now, and you want an experienced agent on your side to ensure success.
MLS systems do not typically have a public database showing sales. However, most agents post their deals on their websites. The managing agent can refer you to the best agents based on your needs if they know an office you are comfortable with.
REAL ESTATE EBOOK BUNDLE FOR BEGINNERS
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to dabble in real estate? In this special ebook bundle, you’ll gain some insight into how savvy people utilize real estate to boost their finances and build wealth.
Your eBook Bundle Includes:
- Rent or Mortgage Free Living: How Smart People Optimize Their Finances
- Authentic Confessions of a Real Estate Investor
- How to Save For a House: 10 Ways To Make Your Biggest Purchase Ever