Thanksgiving is a time for family gatherings, good food, and giving thanks. It’s a storied tradition that culminates with the best meal of the year: turkey dinner.
However, for the young ones in the family, Thanksgiving can sometimes be a little boring. So whether you are a sassy grandma or grandpa looking to get the little ones chuckling or a parent just trying to entertain their kids, I’m sure you’ll find a few corny thanksgiving jokes for kids that will do the trick.
After all, the last thing a restless five-year-old wants to do is sit at the table and make conversation with their older family members. That is unless you have something to entertain them with.
In this post, we’ll take a look at a series of Thanksgiving jokes for kids. While most kids laugh at anything, this is a list of some of the best thanksgiving jokes for kids, so you could even make the entire family laugh. And I can assure you- all of these are kid-friendly Thanksgiving jokes, so they’ll be safe for anyone.
In addition, if you’re looking to surprise the kids with some good knock-knock jokes or Thanksgiving puns, I recommend the final two sections of the post.
There are some funny one-liners throughout the post, so there’s content for every comedian. I’m sure you’ll find some funny Thanksgiving jokes that are certain to make any kid laugh, so let’s dive right in!
- What happened when the turkey started wrestling? He got the stuffing knocked out of him!
- If you took Thanksgiving Day off the calendar, what would happen? A week without a Thursday!
- Why do turkeys gobble? Because they are not human, and they can’t talk.
- Why did the turkey cross the road? He was running away from Thanksgiving!
- What are vegetarians thankful for at Thanksgiving? Just the cranberry sauce!
- What’s the official mascot of Thanksgiving? The turkey, of course!
- What do you call a running turkey? Fast food
- What’s a turkey’s favorite dessert? Peach gobbler!
- What’s a turkey’s favorite Thanksgiving food? Nothing, it’s already stuffed.
- What’s a turkey’s favorite meal outside of Thanksgiving? A peck-nic!
- If a big turkey is a gobbler, what do you call a small one? A goblet
- How can you tell if you had too much food on Thanksgiving? When you start bleeding gravy!
- What’s the official term for the age of a pilgrim? Pilgrimage.
- Why was the family late to Thanksgiving dinner? They lost track of Thyme.
- I sat on the potatoes over Thanksgiving dinner. What should I serve now? Squash
- What kind of music did the pilgrims like? Plymouth Rock
- What always comes at the end of Thanksgiving? The G!
- What did the turkey say to the hunter on Thanksgiving day? Quack quack!
- When is turkey soup bad for your health? When you’re the turkey.
- How many cranberries grow on a bush? All of them
- Why did Pilgrims eat turkey at the first Thanksgiving? They couldn’t fit a whale in the oven.
- What’s the best dance to do on Thanksgiving? The turkey trot.
- What’s inside a genie’s turkey? Three wishbones.
- What do pilgrims wear to dinner? Har-vests.
- Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building? Of course! A building can’t jump at all.
- What’s the best key to a great Thanksgiving dinner? The turKEY
- What search engines do turkeys use? Google Google Google!
- Why do turkeys always go, “gobble, gobble”? They didn’t learn good manners!
- What do you have in common with a stuffed animal after Thanksgiving dinner? You’re both packed with stuffing.
- What’s a pumpkin’s favorite sport? Squash!
- What instrument could no longer be played after Thanksgiving dinner? The drums, since they ate all the drumsticks!
- Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside.
- Which animal is the best at bowling? A turkey– it always shoots three strikes in a row!
- Who was the turkey most thankful for at dinner? The vegans.
- What would you get if you crossed a ghost with a turkey? A poultrygeist!
- How was the turkey feeling the day after Thanksgiving? Lucky.
- What is common between a donkey, monkey, and a turkey? They all have keys!
- What did Michael Scott say when he got the turkey out of the oven? Boom! Roasted!
Knock Knock Jokes
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Odette. Odette who? Odette’s a big turkey!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Luke. Luke who? Luke at all the people here, what a great group!
- Knock knock. Who is there? Anita. Anita who? Anita-nother plate of turkey for my friend please!
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Dewey. Dewey who? Dewey have to wait much longer for the turkey?
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Esther. Esther who? Esther any more cranberry sauce?
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Eddie. Eddie who? Eddie more pumpkin pie, and I’m going to get a stomach ache.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Norma Lee. Norma Lee who? Norma Lee I don’t eat this much!
- Knock knock! Who’s there? Annie. Annie who? Annie body seen the turkey?
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Ava. Ava who? Ava seem a play about the Mayflower?
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Arthur. Arthur who? Arthur any leftovers remaining?
- Knock knock! Who’s there? Tamara. Tamara who? Tamara we’ll eat the rest of the turkey!
- Why was the Thanksgiving meal so expensive? It had 24 carrots!
- What’s a turkey’s favorite kind of weather? Fowl weather!
- What kind of key can’t open doors? A tur-key.
- What ringtone does a turkey’s phone make? Wing wing wing!
- What side would you like with your Thanksgiving dinner? Beets me!
- What did the younger turkey say to the bigger turkey? Peck on someone your own size.
- What’s the best song to play during Thanksgiving? I’m all about that baste.
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin pi
- What did the turkey say when he was going to flip a coin? Heads I wing, tails you lose
- Why do the guests keep complaining about the turkeys’ bad table manners? They can’t stop using fowl language.
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims
- What sound does a space turkey make? Hubble, Hubble, Hubble!
- What do vampires call Thanksgiving? Fangs-giving.
- What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children? If your father could see you now, he’d turn over in his gravy.
- What role do green beans play in Thanksgiving dinner? The casse-role!
- Why do turkey’s pants keep falling down? They have slim bastes!
- What do you call a pilgrim’s vocabulary? A pilgrammar!
- At Thanksgiving dinner, what did the baby corn say to the mama corn? Where’s pop-corn?
- Pilgrims use me to make cookies. What am I? May-flour.
- Grandma keeps asking to help make the bread, but’s it’s a crumb-y job!
- Who scared the cranberry? The booberry.
- What toys were the turkey looking for at the store? Gobbleheads.
- Why did the police arrest the turkey? He committed fowl play.
- What would a jokester call Thanksgiving? Pranks-giving.
- How did the pumpkin announce he was leaving after Thanksgiving? Good-pie, everyone.
- What should you call a tiny cup on Thanksgiving? A gobble-let.
- What’s Crayola’s favorite Thanksgiving side dish? The crayon-berry sauce.
- If fruit comes from a fruit tree, where does a turkey come from? A Poul-tree.
- What potatoes say oui oui buzz buzz? French flies.
- How close was the Indian’s escape from a Pilgrim? It was very arrow.