In my quest for better health, I’ve tried many treatments but only one has made an impact on my state of mind and that’s meditation.
But it didn’t happen right away.
It took a long time until I could sit down for more than five minutes before standing up in frustration, feeling like I wasn’t cut out for this sort of thing.
But you know what helped and still does? Guided meditations.
Having someone hold my hand figuratively as I struggled to stay in the present moment made all the difference. And I recommend the same for you if you’re new to meditation.
In this post, I highlight nine of the best guided meditations for healing and there are all available for free on YouTube.
Now, there are LOTS of guided meditations but by no means are they all good. In fact, in my research for this post, I must have sampled 30 or 40 of which only a handful seemed worth watching/hearing all the way through.
So, what makes a guided meditation stand out? Well, here’s the criteria I came up with…
- The meditation doesn’t drag on forever (anywhere between 10-50 minutes is fine).
- The background music doesn’t distract from the meditation.
- The audio between the background music and narration is well-balanced.
- The narrator speaks at the right tempo — not too quick, not too slow.
- The meditation gets repeated listens from me.
There are also a couple other factors which went into my selection process…
- I only chose guided meditation videos intended for general healing, not those specific to health conditions like cancer, depression or PTSD.
- I only picked one guided meditation per video creator/channel.While I could have easily selected a dozen or more guided meditations from a couple of the biggest names in the industry (e.g., The Honest Guys, Michael Sealey, etc.), you wouldn’t have much to gain if their styles somehow didn’t resonate with you.By offering guided meditations from nine different creators, you have the option to explore other videos by the same person(s) if his/her material “speaks to you.”
By the way, it seems like the entire population of Australia and New Zealand is off meditating on a mountaintop somewhere by the number of Aussies and Kiwis making these videos! 😀
With that said, here’s the shortlist!
9 Best Guided Meditations for Healing
- Creator: Jason StephensonNarrator: Jason StephensonLength: 23 minutesImagery: Smokey movementBackground Music: Soft New Age
- Creator: The Road to Divine LivingNarrator: Kelly HowellLength: 30 minutesImagery: Still image of violet skyBackground Music: Ethereal, New Age
- Creator: Elizabeth HarperNarrator: Elizabeth HarperLength: 19 minutesImagery: Still images of green lightBackground Music: Minimalist piano
- Creator: Mindvalley AcademyNarrator: Lee HoldenLength: 10 minutesImagery: Still image of Lee HoldenBackground Music: None
- Creator: Louise HayNarrator: Louise HayLength: 48 minutesImagery: Still image of palm trees by the oceanBackground Music: Ethereal piano
- Creator: JBittersweetNarrator: JBittersweetLength: 15 minutesImagery: Animation of golden light raining down on a bodyBackground Music: Ethereal, New Age
- Creator: Kalawna BiggsNarrator: Kalawna BiggsLength: 40 minutesImagery: Cosmic animationBackground Music: Ocean waves, chanting
- Creator: The Honest GuysNarrator: Rick ClarkeLength: 15 minutesImagery: Above cloudsBackground Music: Eclectic mix
- Creator: Michael SealeyNarrator: Michael SealeyLength: 30 minutesImagery: CelestialBackground Music: Ambient, New Age
Out of everyone I came across, I like Michael Sealey’s guided meditations best. There are the perfect blend of everything — subtle but compelling background music, convincing narration and the most soothing voice imaginable.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!
Have you tried guided meditations before? Are there any glaring omissions from my list? Leave your comments below
WANT YOUR 1ST INVESTMENT PROPERTY?
We started from not having any clue where to begin to acquiring three investment properties in 18 months, grossing over $4,000 per month… and we can show you how we did it!
We know what it’s like to be in your shoes. So, let us show you how to go from being “clueless” about real estate investing to acquiring your first property and beyond!