Learn how to become a millionaire through real estate investing…
even if you feel clueless and don’t have a lot of money to start!
Sign up, and I’ll send you a value-packed lesson from my real estate investing course!
Birthdays are a particular time of the year to get together with loved ones and celebrate. If you have a grandmother, she will likely expect some birthday wishes from you. If not, it’s still a sweet gesture to reach out to her and send her something. She is the mother to one of your parents, after all.
Not sure what to write as a birthday wish? This post has got you covered. Here are 30 “happy birthday grandma” messages to make your Grandma’s special day even more special. Whether your Grandma is simplistic or full of energy, going on 65 or turning 100, there are bound to be some birthday messages on this list that will make her smile.
Short Happy Birthday Grandma Messages
As grandchildren, you’re always trying to make the best impression possible on Grandma. However, if your Grandma is a woman of few words, a simple blessing or birthday wish should work just fine. Perhaps provide your Grandma with the warmth of company and some sweet photos with the entire family along with your birthday cards.
1. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! We all love you very much.”
2. “We’re wishing you an amazing day, Grandma! Happy Birthday!”
3. “I hope that you have as sweet and as special of a day as you are, Grandma! Happy birthday!”
4. “To the best Grandma ever, happy birthday!”
5. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! We hope that joy and celebrations fill your day today.”
6. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Here are some photos that made me think of you! Hope you enjoy.”
7. “I love you, Grandma. We hope you have a very Happy Birthday!”
8. “We are all thinking about you on this exceptional day Grandma, Happy Birthday!”
9. “Grandma, you are the angel in our lives that we didn’t know we needed. Happy Birthday!”
10. “Happy Birthday, Grandma. We are sending you all of our blessings!”
“Happy Birthday, Grandma. I hope that all your birthday wishes come true!”
“Happy Birthday, my beloved Grandma! I hope you have a healthy life and that this year treats you extra well!”
“You are the most wonderful Grandma I could ever ask for. Happy Birthday!”
“Grandma, may you have a fantastic birthday today! I love you.”
Complimentary Messages for Grandma
Does your Grandma have a feature or aspect about her that stands out? When sending best wishes for your sweet Grandma, you might want to include a compliment or two. Here are some wonderful birthday wishes that have compliments for your Grandma.
11. “Happy Birthday, Grandma. Your warm hugs make my day every time I receive one, and your smile is as sweet as you are. We’re hoping that you have a fantastic day today!”
12. “Grandma, you are the most wonderful person that I know. I have never met another soul that is more kind, pure, or cheerful as yours, wishing you a very, very Happy Birthday today; you deserve it!”
13. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! I hope that today brings as much happiness for you as you have brought for everyone else. Whether through your volunteer work, the work you do for the church, or even family dinners, you show me what it’s like to bring joy into other people’s lives. I love you, Grandma!”
14. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! You are the sweetest, kindest, funniest person I know, and I’m grateful to have you in my life. I hope that this birthday has lots of laughter, joy, and cakes in store for you!”
15. “Happy Birthday wishes to the most stylish person I know! Grandma, you are such an icon and will forever be my one and only role model. I hope you have a lovely birthday and continue to stay in good health, sending all of my very best wishes your way Grandma!”
“Happy Birthday Grandma Hope! Your heart never misses and you have the uncanny ability to cherish every moment that I hope to learn. Sending you these happy birthday images which will hopeful cheer up your day even more. I love you!”
Thankful Happy Birthday Thoughts for Grandma
Grandma’s often fill our lives with an abundance of happiness and do so much for us that we never even notice. For her birthday, make it known that these little efforts of hers haven’t been going unnoticed. So here are some thankful happy birthday thoughts for Grandma.
16. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Thank you so much for all those years you accompanied me to dance lesson after lesson. Your encouragements kept me going, and look at me now! I couldn’t have done it without you, wishing you the best day ever today!”
17. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Thank you for showing me what courage looks like through your words and actions. In all my years of life, I have never seen you back down to a bully and always seen you stand up for what’s right. Sending my love your way!”
18. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Thank you for filling my childhood with love, laughter, and joy. I would not be the person I am today if it weren’t for you. I’m sending all of my wishes to you and hoping that you have a fantastic birthday!”
19. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Thank you for reading me all of those bedtime stories when I was a little kid. You’ll be pleased to learn that I’ve carried on the tradition by reading the same bedtime stories to my son! I’m hoping you have a wonderful birthday filled with lots of love and happiness!”
20. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Thank you for all of the hugs and kisses you have given me over the years! Your affection has blessed my life in more ways than you can imagine, and I hope that life repays you in one way or another. May the Lord bless you and keep you healthy and happy so you can keep on spreading around infectious joy to everyone you meet!”
“Happy Birthday Grandma! Thank you for recommending all those beauty care products to me back in February! Hoping you have the best happy birthday ever and may Heaven keep you healthy and strong for years to come.”
Messages for the Grandma Who’s Been Around a Long Time
These happy birthday thoughts are for the Grandma who’s “well-aged” and have been around the block a few times. Her birthday is a great time to remind her that she is special. They are also a great time to show her that (despite her age) you haven’t forgotten about her.
21. “Happy 100th Birthday, Grandma! You are the best grandmother ever, and your love only grows stronger with time. It’s crazy to me how experienced you are with the world and how many things you’ve seen across the years. We need to catch up sometime soon! Sending love from the bottom of my heart your way!”
22. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! One more year has passed, and you’ve gained yet another year of wisdom! We are so grateful to have you in our lives, constantly cheering us up and reminding us that there’s more to life than work. We hope you have an awesome birthday!”
23. “Happy Birthday wishes to you, Grandma! Mom told me how old you’re turning this year, and I was shocked! You don’t look a day over 50!!! Keep on doing your thing and living it up like you always do, Grandma! Sending my wishes your way and hoping that you have a blissful birthday and wishing for many happy returns!”
24. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! 92 years old?! What a crazy ride that must have been. And yet, you’re still rocking it day after day and showing us young ones exactly how it’s done. We all miss you and are wishing you an amazing birthday! Just don’t overeat birthday cake 😉
25. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! You are 97 years old, yet every time I talk to you, it’s like breathing in a breath of fresh air. You’re so down to earth, and I’ve come to realize that all the advice you’ve given to me has come true over the years! Here’s to another great year!”
“Dear Grandma… happy birthday! You’ve been around a while and experienced many birthdays but I’m hoping this one is extra special. Wishing you a super duper happy birthday from the bottom of our hearts and praying that all your wishes are realized.”
Messages for the Funny Grandma
Lastly, we have a few funny messages here for Grandmas with a sense of humor. Birthdays are a great time to make someone laugh, so why not include your Grandma in the fun? Disclaimer: use these birthday wishes with caution; we are not responsible for any consequences you might receive from sending one of these 😉 Here are some funny happy birthday messages for your Grandma.
26. “Happy 60th Birthday, Grandma! Today is a special day: you are finally eligible for senior citizen discounts! We hope that you have an awesome day and enjoy all your savings! See you soon, Grandma!”
27. “Happy Birthday, Granny!!! It’s been so many years that I’ve forgotten how old you are, but whatever the case, you look way better than Grandpa. Keep rocking it this year and living it up! Hope you have a wonderful birthday Grandma! P.S. Don’t tell Grandpa I said this.”
28. “Happy Birthday, Grandma! Thank you for being my mentor over the years and my friend, teacher, and (most importantly) partner in crime! This year, I’m hoping we can get up to some more mischief and anger mom and dad some more ;)”
29. “Happy Birthday, Nana! Some people say that age is just a number, but it’s a really BIG number for you. Just kidding! You get wiser, funnier, and kinder with every year that passes. I hope this year treats you well and that you continue to be my icon in life. We love you, and all miss you very dearly.”
30. “Happy Birthday Dear Grandma! I have a question for you: when you were little, how did you blow out your birthday candles, you know, since fire wasn’t invented yet? In all seriousness, though, you are the light of my life, and I hope that you continue to be awesome for many, many years to come. Missing you and sending you my best birthday wishes!
31. “Happy 70th Birthday, Grandma! I love you more than Jet Li loves kung fu. May God bless you with happiness and health for a long time to come. For your birthday celebration, we’re planning to bring you a big cake and have family dinner together. Hoping that all your dreams come to be realized. See you soon!”
32. “Happy Birthday to the world’s greatest grandmother. You have improved numerous lives including my own by being on this earth. I didn’t write you any birthday poems but I WILL come visit soon. Wishing you and your hip replacement tomorrow the best of luck!”
Recap: Happy Birthday Grandma!
Sending your granda birthday wishes messages is bound to make her extremely happy. From funny birthday wishes to sentimental ones, this list has provided you with over 30 message ideas you can use when Grandma’s special day rolls around.
Hopefully when the time rolls around, one of these birthday wishes quotes will come in handy! So there you have it: some creative grandma birthday messages you can use when the time comes.