Finding fitting shoes for your baby is among the challenges of parenting no one tells you about. Watching your little one take their first step is a tear-dropping moment, but it opens a tedious chapter of shoe fitting because of the many baby shoe brands on the market.
See Kai Run vs. Stride Rite
If you are a new parent, you must be wondering how a variety of shoe brands makes shoe fitting a daunting task, yet it gives you a variety to choose from. Here is why:
- There is no standard baby shoe sizing; therefore, each brand uses different sizing. This makes choosing the right size a guessing game which can be very frustrating.
- Babies have varied feet shapes and sizes. Some have wide feet, others short, and this means that the sizing by age is not always accurate.
- Baby shoes are adorable, but every parent is after functionality. Therefore, buying baby shoes is always a battle of practicality vs. aesthetics, especially in toddler age.
- A child’s feet are growing and changing, which means constant shoe shopping and fitting.
With that in mind, come with us to the next section as we review See Kai Run and Stride Rite and later look at their similarities and differences.
See Kai Run kids shoe review
See Kai Run is a reputable baby shoe brand. They offer cute and durable shoes for all kids, from early walkers to older kids.
See Kai Run has been on the market since 2004, and they aim to provide shoes that promote healthy feet developed, not forgetting sophisticated designs. Below are some of the features that make See Kai the best shoe brand for your kids:
Children are highly mobile and need lightweight and flexible shoes to help them run around freely. Also, the shoes feature a loop and hook closure, making it easy for babies to remove and tighten the shoes if need be.
See Kai Run shoes are manufactured using premium materials and crafted for durability. Their soles are sturdy with tight stitching that allows the kids to run and play around without fraying. Also, they feature a hard rubber sole that cannot get ripped off even when the baby drags their feet around. The shoes can be passed on to younger siblings because the owner will outgrow them and leave them sturdy and cute.
Stylish and fashion-forward
Whether sneakers, boots, snow boots, or sandals, See Kai shoes pay attention to detail, and they are very stylish. In addition to style, they feature padded collars, breathable linings, quality insoles for comfort.
See Kai Run footwear meets the American Podiatric Medical Association’s rigorous foot health and functionality standards. As a result, they have been awarded the APMA’s prestigious Seal of Acceptance.” This assures you that all safety standards have been met and your child is safe in the shoes.
- They offer shoes in various styles with modernized colors like pumpkin, olive green, robin’s egg blue, and chocolate.
- They make shoes covering all stages of childhood, from pre-walkers to 8-year-olds.
- The shoes are made of high-quality materials and soles for durability
- Lightweight shoes with breathable lining and insoles for comfort
- Adjustable Velcro straps and elastic laces make it easy for babies to put on and remove the shoes.
- Wide toe box for comfort and flexibility
- Some shoes don’t have an arch support
See Kai Run size chart
Their baby shoe sizes are categorized into:
First walkers (size 3-6) – These are shoes designed for toddlers between 3months to 18 months. They are designed to help the baby during the crawling and first steps stage. At this age, the foot cartilage is gradually hardening into bones.
Toddler (size 4-9) – Toddler shoes are designed for babies between 18months and three years whose feet bones are already formed, and the baby can walk unassisted.
Preschool (size 9.5-13.5) – this category is designed for babies between 3 years and five years plus. At this age, the feet bones fuse, and the arch begins to form. Preschoolers walk and run around a lot, and their shoes are designed to support their high mobility.
Youth (Size 1Y-3Y) – the shoes in the youth category are meant for older babies of 5 years and above. The arch is fully developed and even visible at this age—the shoe designs in this category support high mobility and stability.
Read also how do gap kid sizes run
Crib shoe sizes
|up to 9.7cm (3 7/8″)||0-6 months||Small|
|up to 10.9cm (4 3/8″)||6-12 months||Medium|
|up to 12.1cm (4 3/4″)||12-18 months||Large|
First walkers, toddlers and big kids
|Foot length cm||Foot length inches||size|
Stride Rite kids shoe review
Stride Rite produces high-quality shoes for babies from newborn to 10 years. They have baby shoes for all seasons for both boys and girls, and their goal is to provide footwear that offers security, stability, and support. Below are some features that make Stride Rite shoes a good shoe brand.
Quality is everything for any product, and Stride Rite shoes are made with durable materials and crafted with extreme attention to last long. As a result of their quality, the brand has been awarded the APMA Seal of Approval because they promote healthy foot growth.
Stride Rite shoes are manufactured using materials free from chemicals and phthalates for safety. The shoes are mostly stitched to eliminate the use of toxic glues. The materials used to manufacture Stride Rite shoes include rubber, premium leather, antimicrobial liners, breathable mesh, and memory foam.
Stride Rite shoes are crafted and designed using kid-friendly technologies. As a result, the end product features styles and colors kids love. The shoes are designed to match the current kid shoe trends, and your kids will be proud to show off their latest pair.
- Their shoes are high quality and durable
- Manufactured using safe materials
- Flexible and supports healthy foot growth
- Crafted for durability and baby comfort
- Their shoes are tested and approved with the APMA Seal of Approval
- Expensive than other brands but worth the investment
Read also Newborn vs 0-3 month size
Stride Rite shoe size chart
Below are Stride Rite shoe size charts for different categories:
Baby size chart
Toddler size chart
Shoes for babies between 5 years to 10 years
Little kid size chart
Read also h& m baby clothes review
Big kids size chart
Comparison of See Kai run vs. Stride Rite
- Shoes from both brands are made using safe and durable materials
- Both offer shoe sizes covering all childhood stages
- You can shop online from their websites
- They are both popular baby shoe brands
- Their sizing is different
- The shoes are priced differently
Read also Zara kids sizing
FAQ on See Kai Run vs. Stride Rite
Does See Kai Run run big or small?
See Kai Run shoes run true to size. To purchase the right shoe size for your baby, measure the length of your baby’s foot, compare the size with their size chart and get the right size.
Does Stride Rite run true to size?
Yes, Stride Rite shoes run true to size. If your child’s feet size falls between two sizes, get the larger size to allow growth.
Are See Kai Run shoes flexible?
Yes, See Kai Run shoes are flexible, lightweight, and designed to help the baby with movement at different stages of life. They also feature a wide opening and wide front to allow easy wearing and comfort.